24 393 52 FUEL PUMP ELECTRIC - KOHLERFits Argo Atv Models:
Kohler Aegis LH 775 EFI engines
Avenger 750 EFI 8x8*
HDI 750 8x8
HDI SE 8x8
XTI 8x8 (Gas)
* 2007-2009 Avenger 750 EFI 8x8 owners read bulletin above.
It is recommended any time you change your fuel pump to also change your fuel filter as debris could be backing up in the filter causing the pump to burn out.
Also if you are having pump issues some things we have found over the years that cause pump failure could be related to:
- The relay mounted on the pigtail along side of the ECU box ( Part # 20 404 01 ) is bad that sends power to the pump.
- Bad fuel pump fuse in the Argo Fuse block.
- Bad fuse under rubber cap located to the left of the ECU at the front of the vehicle.
- Water in the fuel. Check your fuel source and remove the fuel from the Argo.
- Leaves or debris in the fuel tank causing the pick-up tube to become restricted inside the tank. Remove fuel tank and or pick-up tube and suck debris out.
- Ethanol evaporation leaving a honey like substance that clogs the fuel filter and internal fuel pump screen. Always add an ethanol treatment/fuel stabilizer to your gas tank every time your refuel.
- Bad fuel lines causing air to be sucked in through rotting lines or bad clamp connections not allowing the pressure to build. Replace line with Fuel Injection approved fuel line.
- Lack of use and stale fuel. Start the vehicle up monthly if possible and only keep enough Stabil treated gas in the tank that wont harm performance when your ready to use the vehicle full time and add fresh fuel.
- Note: *Fuel Pressure on the Kohler Aegis is 39 PSI +/- 3 PSI