613-68 RELAY, STARTER - B&S - ARGO ATV PART
Fits all models that use the Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine. 14hp, 16hp, 18hp and 23hp.Notes:
The relay is located down on or next to the starter at the front of the engine. If turn your key switch and nothing happens, check the following:
* Battery is charged
* Neutral Safety Switch isn't dirty or faulty (2008 - Newer Argo Models)
* Key switch nut isn't spinning in the dashboard not allowing the key to engage to the start position.
* If you tried the above and all is good follow the steps below to test your Stater relay.
To determine if your relay is bad follow these steps:
1) Have a helper turn the key switch to the start position and remove the single wire off the spade located on the side of the relay. Put the positive lead of a voltage meter on the wire and ground to frame or engine with the negative lead of the voltage meter. Test to see if any voltage is coming through the wire. If you do, go to step 2, if you do not you either have a bad ignition is bad, a dead battery, or a faulty neutral safety switch.
2) Reconnect the wire to the spade on the relay. Locate the two red wires on top of the relay. If equipped follow the red wire that goes to the square 80amp relay (normally mounted on the left fender) and have someone turn the key ignition to start and see if you have power coming out of the 80 amp relay. If you do the 80amp relay is good. If your unit is not equipped with the 80amp relay, then locate the red wire on the opposite side of the starter relay and test to see if you have power coming out that leads down to the starter. If you do not have power your starter relay is bad and needs to be replaced, if you do have power at the starter and the starter won't turn over your bendix is stuck or your stater is bad.
Same as Briggs # 691656